We all know that the crypto world is crazy. A lot of crazy things are happening in the cryptoverse, and 2022 is expected to be no different.
As they say, not every invention gains traction on its own merits. New items frequently require endorsements from well-known individuals in order to attract more customers. Companies are now enlisting the help of athletes, movie stars, and social media celebrities to help them promote their products.
However, the crypto world is distinct. It is more about the technology than it is about a specific product in this case. Many well-known individuals, known as crypto influencers, have taken matters into their own hands to spread the word about new crypto projects.
With 2022 almost upon us, it’s certain that these crypto influencers will make an impact in the crypto industry the next year as well. Influencers not only help educate people to make the right decisions but also help in simplifying the complex technology used in the world of crypto.
Here are 10 crypto influencers for 2022 that you must keep an eye on:
Table of Contents
Top Crypto Influencers 2022
- Elon Musk: Elon Musk controls the crypto world – that’s what they say about him. He also wishes to be a full-time influencer, according to one of his recent tweets. He has played a pivotal role in influencing the market of some of the big cryptocurrencies out there. Only one tweet from his handle and boom, the market goes berserk!
Without a doubt, he is certainly one of the major crypto influencers to look out for in 2022. Musk has banked on Twitter to express himself. He primarily posts updates on the projects his firms are working on, his response to the comments of a competitor, his thoughts on a certain cryptocurrency, or just memes. He certainly can make or break a certain crypto!
- Michael Saylor: Michael Saylor, an MIT graduate who is also an entrepreneur, author, and multiple-patent holder, is another significant influencer of the crypto world. As a result of his involvement with MicroStrategy during the dot-com era, Saylor is considered an expert on how to handle so-called bubbles in the technology industry.
Saylor and MicroStrategy have both placed significant bets on Bitcoin.
MicroStrategy is the largest corporate investor in bitcoin today, and its holdings eclipse those of Tesla, which has a far smaller BTC position. At a time when Bitcoin was losing value, Saylor announced via Twitter that the company had bought 5,050 additional bitcoins in September of 2021. Saylor’s own BTC holdings are believed to be in excess of 17,000.
- Mike Novogratz: The CEO of Galaxy Investment Partners, a major supporter of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies, has often expressed his dissatisfaction with irregular downward movement in the prices of cryptocurrencies on Twitter.
In addition, his company is expected to go public on the stock market in the first quarter of 2022. In a well-known prediction, Novogratz said that Bitcoin would soon displace gold as the favoured investment asset of choice.
- Jack Dorsey: Twitter’s co-founder is mentioned in this section because of his repeated assertion that Bitcoin can be considered the “native currency” of the internet. This is a significant claim. Because the internet has altered nearly everything, from education to business, fiat currencies have a legitimate reason to be concerned if a blockchain-based currency may be used as the primary medium of exchange for that currency.
Twitter is still likely the most trusted social media network, and Dorsey’s spats with international leaders and countries over the removal of political tweets make him a strong figure in the world of social media platforms. Square, a payments company founded by Dorsey, has made investments in Bitcoin assets, and Dorsey is rumoured to be looking into Bitcoin mining.
- Vitalik Buterin: This list can’t be complete without Vitalik’s name. He is and will always be considered a major crypto influencer for 2022. Buterin is best known for his contributions to the Ethereum blockchain, although he has also been active in the Bitcoin community as a writer and developer. He’s also one of the co-founders of Bitcoin Magazine, which is another website that we’ve listed on this list.
He currently has 2.9 million followers on his Twitter profile. On Twitter, he may be seen making intelligent comments regarding cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. In addition to reviews, essays, and other great resources on cryptocurrency, he also hosts a crypto-focused podcast that is especially beneficial for those who are interested in learning more about how cryptocurrency and blockchain function.
Below is one of his tweets on marketing:
- Roger Ver: Roger Ver, also known as “Bitcoin Jesus,” was one of the initial proponents of Bitcoin when it first appeared in 2011. He was one of the early adopters of blockchain technology and has invested huge sums of money in cryptocurrency-related firms such as Bitcoin, Ripple, Kraken, and Purse.io. He was also one of the early adopters of blockchain technology. His other claim to fame is that he was one of the first entrepreneurs to begin accepting cryptocurrency as a means of payment.
He has approximately 740k followers on Twitter, and his feed has established itself as a valuable source of the latest news and information on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, including issues surrounding Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, ethical considerations, and even the occasional pearl of wisdom from the wiser people in the universe. Is there anything else you can expect from the man dubbed “Bitcoin Jesus”?
- Tim Draper: He is a well-known venture capitalist and the founder of the venture capital company Draper Fisher Jurvetson as well as Draper University. He has made investments in companies such as Skype, Tesla, SpaceX, Twitter, and Coinbase, among others. Also well-known for his Bitcoin price predictions, as well as his outspoken advocacy for this particular digital currency, is a man named Peter Schiff.
Draper discusses his thoughts on Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, and the prospects presented by digital currencies on his Twitter account, which has around 220k followers.
- Nayib Bukele: El Salvador’s young President, is unquestionably the most enthusiastic supporter of blockchain technology and its potential to minimise the costs and time associated with cross-border transfers. The government of El Salvador, led by President Bukele, approved Bitcoin as a medium of exchange, making it the first country in the world to grant cryptos legal tender status.
Despite the fact that the news of Bitcoin becoming legal tender did not immediately push prices higher, it is likely to have a significant impact on the direction that BTC will follow.
- Nick Szabo: After earning a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the University of Washington in 1989, Nick Szabo went on to work as a legal scholar, cryptographer, and researcher. He has been actively involved in cryptocurrency issues ever since. The notion of smart contracts was invented by him in the early 2000s, and he is credited with helping to establish bitcoin in 2009. He has always maintained that he is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto.
Today, Szabo is also a well-known crypto influencer, with many of his articles being shared on Twitter. Fans of technical idea analyses, in particular, will find him to be an excellent match. He routinely explores various topics and outlines the mechanisms that underpin a variety of projects in the cryptocurrency sector. He also always offers first-hand information regarding his own BitGold project, which he is now working on.
- Charlie Lee: He is another well-known cryptocurrency pioneer. Originating in the Ivory Coast, the computer scientist with Asian ancestry worked for many years at Google and Coinbase before launching his own cryptocurrency company. He was the creator of the Bitcoin Fork Litecoin, which swiftly gained widespread acceptance.
He subsequently decided to leave Coinbase and concentrate his time and energy solely on his coin. His social media operations were also extremely successful, and he swiftly amassed a following of several hundred thousand people. He provided the newest Litecoin news and aired his opinions on a daily basis on the social media platform Twitter.
His information about Bitcoin, blockchain, and scalability is becoming increasingly valuable these days, and he continues to be a major influencer of the crypto world. He continues to serve as the president of the Litecoin Foundation.
In a Nutshell
The most powerful influencers in the cryptocurrency world have the ability to make or break sentiment. Because of the expansion of social media and easy access to news, their points of view are quickly circulated and absorbed by the public. A single tweet from Elon Musk has the potential to trigger a double-digit increase or decrease in the value of any cryptocurrency. It is worthy to be aware of these crypto influencers’ stance on crypto and blockchain technology in 2022 as well.
If you’re looking to expand your business by leveraging the reach of these influencers, feel free to reach out to experts at Blockwiz . We are pioneers in crypto influencer marketing and can help your project skyrocket to the moon by connecting you with trusted, experienced and top-rated influencers.